What to wear at Picture Day
Next week my daughter has her Picture Day at school. What to wear? is always the question, right?!
Despite the fact that I’m a photographer, I always like to buy school photos cause I think it’s fun to look back on the changes from year to year.
Plus, the photos tend to be hilarious, which I figure will come in handy for future laughs.
Wondering what your child should wear on their photo/picture day?
I’ve put together a couple quick tips for you below.
Let the kid(s) pick!
- Kids tend to be more confident and excited on Picture Day when they have a choice in what they’re wearing.
- When children help pick their outfits, it ensures that images are a true reflection of their unique personality.
Go for comfort!
- Everyone smiles more when they’re comfortable, which results in better photos!
- If kids are wearing stiff or scratchy clothes, they’ll likely spend their photo day thinking about getting out of them.
Avoid logos & cartoons
- Keep it simple with a plain colour or simple pattern. Logos and/or cartoons on shirts can distract us from focusing on the star of Photo Day – your child!
- Keep in mind that school photos are typically cropped in to focus on faces – so images on tops tend to get cut off anyway (unless it’s a pattern.)
I hope these quick tips have helped you and your kid(s) to make their Picture Day choice! Now have fun with the hair!
Want to save this image for quick & easy reference? Here you go!
Kate Daniel is a Calgary, Alberta based natural light, lifestyle photographer focusing on family, children and baby photos.
Simple, real, natural – your life, my lens.
Contact me to book a session or sign up for the newsletter for special offers!